The kids will love history!
If you are sceptical about visiting the Vatican with kids – leave your fears behind.
- Vatican Museums
- St Peter’s Basilica
- Sistine Chapel
- Raphael’s Rooms
- Colosseum including arena floor
Early Vatican City And Sistine Chapel Guided Tour For Kids Small Group
3 hrs. | Start: 7.30 a.m. | Participants : Max 20 | Headsets provided
Meeting Point :To be advised at time of booking.
This Sistine Chapel guided tour is specially organised with kids in mind. With a fun guide, you and your kids are in for a treat. This interactive tour is far from boring! The kids will be entertained at all times with bits of fun trivia, and lots of interesting stories will be shared to appeal to this age group. The private guide has experience in engaging with children and know how to entertain them.
Meeting your guide at 7.30 a.m. they will share some fascinating facts about the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican. Each tour participants will be handed headsets and you adjust them so that you are ready to listen to your guide once you are indoors. As your tour starts early, there will be no waiting in long lines to get through inside, and this is a privilege, especially when it gets rather hot in summer.
The 3- hours tour kicks off at 8.00 a.m. The normal opening time is 9.00 a.m., but this is the privilege of being in an early tour. Learn about the history of the Vatican Museums and discover exactly how many galleries there are. This tour is ideal for families with little children. Your guide will explain the historical significance of certain objects and artefacts and the mysteries behind the magnificent artworks adorned throughout the museum.
Kids will learn about the amazing ancient history of Rome including learning about the fascinating cultures of the Greek and Egyptians as quite a number of artefacts belonging to these are displayed in the museum. As this is a child-friendly tour, the guide will provide valuable information, but in a fun and engaging way.
Sistine Chapel | St Peter’s Basilica
The tour continues to the Sistine Chapel and kids and their families will be in awe of the creations of Michelangelo on the ceilings. There is no chance for this to be a boring tour as there will be a group of up to a maximum of 25 participants – other families with kids too!
From here, through a secret door only available to special tour groups, you will now enter St. Peter’s Basilica. This will save time in queueing up to get through the front door. The dome
If you a looking for a short Sistine Chapel guided tour for kids, this is the one!
Important Reminder – Early Vatican City And Sistine Chapel Guided Tour For Kids Small Group
- This tour is not ideal for wheelchair-bound visitors as well as visitors with hearing disabilities. We are more than happy to organise private tours for wheelchair and hearing disabled visitors. Please contact us.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as there is a fair bit of walking.
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- If St Peter’s Basilica is closed for a religious function at short notice as it is a working church, you will be spending more time in the Vatican gallery’s with your private guide.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.
- If a disabled visitor is able to produce a certificate showing that they are more than 74% disabled, entry to the Vatican museums is free of charge. This free entry is also extended to the to their companion. If you have a disability and are not sure if you’re eligible, please contact us at the time of booking so that we may assist you further.