An ideal tour for art lovers and lovers of Roman history!
Skip The Line and enjoy quick entrance to the famous attractions in the Vatican with an experienced guide.
- Sistine Chapel
- Vatican Galleries
- St Peter’s Basilica
Special Sem-Private Vatican City Tour Up To 12 People
3 hrs. | Start: 8.30 a.m. | Participants: Max 12| Headsets provided
Meeting Point : To be advised at the time of booking.
This Vatican city tour is specifically designed for a group of no more than 12 participants. We believe that a group this size is just perfect, and the guide is able to offer a more personalised experience to the participants. It will be easier to communicate with your guide and have your questions answered about the fascinating artworks inside the Vatican Galleries and Sistine Chapel. As you walk past the fabulous Vatican galleries, you will see incredible collections of artworks from the Greek and Roman period, many of which were commissioned or procured by the Popes.
The expert guides have many years of experience in taking tour groups to the Vatican galleries, so are very familiar with the treasures inside and the famous and infamous stories attached to them. Not many visitors are aware that there are so many galleries in that is simply not possible to visit it in a day. As such, the tour will focus on the most important galleries and the collections they contain within.
The tour kicks off at 8.30 a.m. and you will learn about history and art, the popes, and politics. Your guide will share with you insights about the famous artists who were commissioned by the popes to create magic such Raphael. The artworks denote the time of the Renaissance and Baroque periods.
As headsets are provided, you will be able to hear your guide clearly as you walk through the Vatican galleries. You will visit the apartment of Pope Julius II and see the four rooms, famously called Raphael’s Rooms. The artworks in here are nothing but exquisite and include famous works such as Deliverance of St Peter, Fire in the Borgo and The Parnassus. You will also see the apartment of Pope Borgia’s which was painted by Pinturicchio. Your guide will reveal some very interesting stories of the Borgia Family.
The Sistine Chapel does not allow talking so your guide would have briefed you about what you can expect to see in the Sistine Chapel. Do not miss out viewing the Creation of Adam and The Last Judgement. Actually, it is so compelling and large, you will not miss it! Today, the Sistine Chapel is also actively used for Pope elections. There is a chimney connected outside and if white smoke is visible, it means a new Pope has been selected. If black smoke is visible, indicating a Pope has not been selected yet.
St Peter’s Basilica
As part of the Vatican city tour, the tour enters through a special passageway reserved for skip the line ticket holders. That’s right, you will have direct entry into the Basilica. You will see the bronze baroque styled ‘Baldachin’ created by Bernini. You will see the magnificent ‘Pieta’ created by Michelangelo. You will also see the Chair of St Peter. It was created by Bernini using the Baroque influence which was soon going to take the Vatican by storm.
This is a unique tour not to be missed where you see the famous Vatican Galleries as well as the most famous churches in the world!
Important Reminder – Special Semi-Private Vatican City Tour Up To 12 People
- This tour is not ideal for wheelchair-bound visitors as well as visitors with hearing disabilities. We are more than happy to organise private tours for wheelchair and hearing disabled visitors. Please contact us.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as there is a fair bit of walking.
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- If St Peter’s Basilica is closed for a religious function at short notice as it is a working church, you will be spending more time in the Vatican gallery’s with your private guide.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.
- If a disabled visitor is able to produce a certificate showing that they are more than 74% disabled, entry to the Vatican museums is free of charge. This free entry is also extended to the to their companion. If you have a disability and are not sure if you’re eligible, please contact us at the time of booking so that we may assist you further.
- This tour is not available on Wednesdays and Sundays or religious bank holidays.