Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel | Papal Audience
The Vatican Museums Guided Tours
Now, unless you are a Roman and have all the spare time in the world to visit the famous Vatican attractions at leisure, it makes more sense to consider a guided tour.
Skip The Lines
Your time in the Vatican city may be limited to either 2 to 3 days or just today. Now imagine if you’ve purchased your tickets online, you will skip the long wait lines and be able to enter the famous attractions such as Saint Peter’s Basilica The Vatican museums and the Sistine Chapel with ease. Also, with a guided tour, you will be taken to some of the most important gallery’s and shown some of the most famous artworks and sculptures from the vast amount of art on display.
Traveling with children
When you travel with children, on a guided tour, you will be able to see the major highlights of an attraction which lasts anywhere between 2 to 8 hours depending on the tour that you select. When traveling with young children, this can prove to be a beneficial option without feeling overwhelmed.
Tour with knowledge
Regardless of the countless travel books that you have read all Internet searches, there’s nothing quite like a guided tour S the guides are local experts with a deep knowledge of history and the arts. As you go along the tour they will be able to answer your questions as well as reveal fascinating facts not often found in books or the Internet.
Do not miss out on artworks/sculptures
Have you ever been on a holiday where once you return and discuss where you have visited and what you have done only to be told, “What you didn’t see this?” When you self-tour, there are chances that you might miss something very iconic right under your nose. In a guided tour, all the major highlights are covered.
In a guided tour, you will normally have about 30 people. Each visitor is given a headset and you will be able to hear your guide. If you prefer a smaller group size, read below.
Most tours will end in the Sistine Chapel, but in some tours, they end in St Peter’s Basilica. There will be a short tour of the Basilica. You are then allowed to explore at your leisure.
If you take an EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE EARLY ENTRANCE VATICAN MUSEUM TOUR, you are in for an even more intriguing and amazing experience!
Touring The Vatican Museums with an Audio Guide
There are some visitors who prefer not to take a your and wish to see the Vatican Museums at their own leisure. It is possible, but you require an audio guide. You are able to listen to the commentary as you make your way around the galleries and exhibition rooms. It is still recommended to join a group tour for maximum in-depth human interaction and hearing first-hand from your guide, the fascinating history, architecture, and art of the Vatican Museums.
To book an audio tour, visit the official Vatican website or you can obtain an audio-guide once you have entered the museum.
Wondering which is the best Vatican tours to choose from? From small group to us to private tours, there are many choices. So, which one is for you?
It all really depends on how much time you have in the Vatican, how much you want to see, and how much you are willing to pay.
All Vatican Museum tickets booked through us include skip-the-line tickets. This means, that the only line you will be standing in is the security checkpoint. The tickets also include a visit to the Sistine Chapel, and we provide an English speaking guide. Guides who speak Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French, German can be requested at the time of booking.
VATICAN MUSEUM TOURS – SMALL GROUP
More interaction with your guide and an intimate experience!
- VATICAN AND COLOSSEUM TOUR SEMI-PRIVATE
- SMALL GROUP AFTERNOON VATICAN AND SISTINE CHAPEL TOUR
- VATICAN NIGHT TOUR – SMALL GROUP SPECIALVIP ENTRANCE
- VATICAN TOUR AND TICKETS – BEST OF THE VATICAN CITY SMALL GROUP TOUR
- VATICAN MUSEUMS IN-DEPTH TOUR WITH SISTINE CHAPEL CEILING
- SPECIAL COMBO SMALL GROUP COLOSSEUM AND VATICAN TOUR
- TOUR OF THE ARENA FLOOR COLOSSEUM AND SISTINE CHAPEL TOUR – VIP ENTRY
- SPECIAL SEMI-PRIVATE VATICAN CITY TOUR UP TO 12 PEOPLE
- SEMI-PRIVATE TOURS – THE VATICAN CITY AND COLOSSEUM TOUR SPECIAL ACCESS TO ARENA
- ROME IN TWO DAYS BEST OF ROME AND VATICAN CITY AND COLOSSEUM TOUR
- VATICAN CATACOMBS TOUR – FULL DAY CAUFFERED EXCLUSIVE GUIDED TOUR
The Friday Night Tour of the Vatican Museums is only available between April and October. Do not miss the chance to see the Vatican Museums at night!
VATICAN MUSEUM TOURS – EARLY ACCESS
Ideal for the early-morning risers and those with small kids
- EARLY ACCESS VATICAN AND SISTINE CHAPEL TOUR – SMALL GROUP
- EARLY VATICAN CITY AND SISTINE CHAPEL GUIDED TOUR FOR KIDS SMALL GROUP
- SEMI – PRIVATE SISTINE CHAPEL EARLY ENTRANCE VATICAN TOUR
- EARLY ACCESS SISTINE CHAPEL PRIVATE TOUR EXPRESS TOUR WITH ST. PETER’S BASILICA
- VATICAN CITY EARLY MORNING TOUR SUPER FAST TRACK COLOSSEUM’S ARENA TOUR.
VATICAN MUSEUM PRIVATE TOURS
1 person or more, book your exclusive private tour!
- PRIVATE VATICAN TOUR FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES SKIP THE LINE ENTRY
- PRIVATE VATICAN CITY TOUR FOR KIDS AND TREASURE HUNT EXPERIENCE
- EARLY ENTRANCE TICKETS AND PRIVATE VATICAN GUIDED TOUR FOR KIDS
- GUIDED TOUR OF VATICAN BY NIGHT TOUR FOR KIDS SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
- VATICAN PRIVATE TOUR POPE’S SUMMER RESIDENCE FROM ROME
- SISTINE CHAPEL PRIVATE TOUR AND THE COLOSSEUM ARENA FLOOR
- VATICAN MUSEUM AFTER HOURS PRIVATE TOUR WITH APERITIF – VIP EXPERIENCE
- EARLY TOUR OF THE VATICAN PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR & BREAKFAST
- EXCLUSIVE TOUR OF THE VATICAN – POPE’S SUMMER RESIDENCE GARDENS
- PRIVATE INDEPTH GUIDED TOUR OF THE VATICAN CITY
- PRIVATE TOUR OF THE VATICAN GARDENS AND VATICAN MUSEUM/SISTINE CHAPEL
- EXCLUSIVE VATICAN CITY PRIVATE TOUR AND THE BEST OF ROME IN ONE DAY
- VATICAN CITY BY NIGHT PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR AND TICKETS
- EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE EARLY ENTRANCE VATICAN MUSEUM TOUR
- EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR – THE BEST OF THE VATICAN MUSEUM
- EXPRESS SISTINE CHAPEL TOUR AND VATICAN HIGHLIGHTS
- SPECIAL VATICAN MUSEUM GUIDED TOUR CABINET OF THE MASKS
What you will miss if you only want to see the Sistine Chapel!
Many visitors are not really keen to see the Vatican Museums and prefer to make a beeline for the Sistine Chapel. This is what you will miss along the way.
1. The Pinacoteca
The Pinacoteca (the picture gallery containing artworks from the 12th to 19th century from some of the greatest artists of all time, including Raphael, Giotto, Perugino, Leonardo Da Vinci, Caravaggio, and many others.
2. Pio-Clementine Museums
Taking its name from the Popes, Popes Clement XIV and Pius VI, this exhibition spaces holds a collection of some of the most important Greek and Roman artwork.
3. Gregorian Etruscan Museum
Founded by Pope Gregory XV, this museum is dedicated to Etruscan antiques.
There is so much more…but if you miss these, you will still take about 45mins- 1 hour before you enter the Sistine Chapel, so maybe, stop by and do admire the artworks!