Visit the Vatican and Colosseum on the same day, skipping the lines and gaining direct entry!
Start early in the morning, before the crowds gather. Enter the Vatican Galleries at 8.00 a.m.!
- Sistine Chapel
- Vatican Galleries
- St Peter’s Basilica
- Colosseum and Arena
Vatican City Early Morning Tour Super Fast Track Colosseum’s Arena Tour
4.5 hrs. | Start: 7.30 a.m. (First part of the tour) | Participants: Max 12| Headsets provided
1.15 p.m. (Second part of the tour)
Meeting Point :To be advised at the time of booking.
This tour is ideal for visitors who wish to do a Vatican City early morning tour. The tour starts at 7.30 a.m. when you meet your expert guide who has deep knowledge of art and history. Tour participants will be handed out headsets, adjust them and get ready so that as you go through the lovely exhibits in the galleries, you can hear your guide share amazing stories of the treasures. This tour has been limited to a maximum of 20 participants so that every visitor can get the most out of the tour. The tour starts with the Vatican galleries, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica. After lunch, the tour continues with a visit to the Colosseum.
Contact us if you wish to add Roman Forum And Palatine Hill after the tour of the Colosseum.
For lovers of ancient Rome who want to discover the times of the gladiators but are also curious about the Popes and the Vatican, this combined tour is the one for you. With fast-track entry, you will be avoiding long queues and only be waiting in the security line to have your bags checked. The fast track entry at the Colosseum allows for VIP entry and the entry includes a fast track entry to the Arena floor where gladiators spilled blood for glory, where up to 70,000 spectators roared and cheered. And, you can experience all of this in one day! Renaissance and Ancient Rome!
After the initial briefing and distribution of headsets, before you enter through the doors, your guide will also show you images of the Sistine Chapel and point out what you should see when you enter it. This explanation is provided beforehand as no talking is permitted in the Sistine Chapel. Through the privileged entrance, the group will enter at 8.00 a.m. Now, this is a full hour before the official opening time of 9.00 a.m.
You will see a few highlight galleries carefully selected by your experienced guide. You will visit Raphael’s Rooms and see many masterpieces on display. Galleries you are likely to see on this tour are Gallery of Maps, Tapestry Gallery, and Gallery of the Candelabra.
Sistine Chapel | St Peter’s Basilica
At the Sistine Chapel, you will see masterpieces of Michelangelo such as ‘The Last Judgement’. The detailing of this masterpiece has to be seen to be believed. Several other leading painters of the 15th Century have also left their artistic mark, and they include Perugino, Botticelli, and Ghirlandaio. Do not miss out on viewing the Creation of Adam.
As this tour includes skip the line tickets, entry to St Peter’s Basilica is through a special passageway from the Sistine Chapel. Here you will be able to see Bernini’s works showing a shift from the Renaissance to the Baroque period.
The morning tour concludes here, and you will meet your guide at 1.15 p.m. at an arranged location near the Colosseum.
With your headsets on again, now begins your afternoon tour of the Colosseum and the Arena Floor. You will now go back to almost 2000 years of history and discover Ancient Rome. You will hear tales which seem unbelievable, but they are true! You will enter through the Gate of Death which is the fast track entrance to the Colosseum for this tour. Your guide will explain to you how this was a gateway by which the dead bodies were transported out of the arena floor! Your guide will show you the tunnel which connected to the gladiator school. Yes, there were gladiator schools to teach gladiators how to fight between themselves and exotic animals. The tour will also take you to the two main rings of the Colosseum and your guide will explain what the rings meant and who was allowed to sit where to watch the action on the arena floor. This tour will be very entertaining as you are transported back to a past which was deadly, yet colourful, and also learn about the Emperors and their influence on the Colosseum.
Skip the line tickets are included in this tour, so what are you waiting for!
Important Reminder – Vatican City Early Morning Tour Super Fast Track Colosseum’s Arena Tour
- This tour is not ideal for wheelchair-bound visitors as well as visitors with hearing disabilities. We are more than happy to organise private tours for wheelchair and hearing disabled visitors. Please contact us.
- There is a lot of walking, so please wear comfortable shoes as the ground can be rather uneven at the Colosseum.
- You will be asked to pass through airport-style security checks at the entrance of the Colosseum, so please only carry a light backpack as many items are restricted (pointed umbrellas, large suitcases and big backpacks, weapons, firearms, knives). You can only bring in an empty water bottle into the Colosseum. You will be able to fill your water bottle with the many fountains available inside.
- If the weather conditions deteriorate, the Colosseum officials may decide to close off the Dungeons and arena floor for visitor safety. In such an event, the group will enter via a different entrance and be taken to visit other areas of the Colosseum.
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- If St Peter’s Basilica is closed for a religious function at short notice as it is a working church, you will be spending more time in the Vatican gallery’s with your private guide.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.
- If a disabled visitor is able to produce a certificate showing that they are more than 74% disabled, entry to the Vatican museums is free of charge. This free entry is also extended to the to their companion. If you have a disability and are not sure if you’re eligible, please contact us at the time of booking so that we may assist you further.
- This tour is not available on Wednesdays and Sundays or religious bank holidays.