VATICAN AND COLOSSEUM TOURS IN ONE DAY – SMALL GROUP OR PRIVATE GUIDED TOURS
Vatican and Colosseum Tours – Semi-Private Tour – Max 15 participants!
Fast track entry accompanied by a certified guide!
- Vatican Museums
- St Peter’s Basilica
- Sistine Chapel
- Raphael’s Rooms
- Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum tour
Vatican and Colosseum Tours Semi-Private
5.5 hrs. | Start: Morning | Participants: Max 15
Vatican and Colosseum tours that offer the best of both – The Vatican and the Colosseum. With fast track entry to the Vatican Museums, you will be visiting the most important of over 100 galleries, including Raphael’s Room. The visit then continues to the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica. Your experienced guide will be with you for the entire tour and share some fascinating stories about the art and history of Rome. After a quick break, the tour continues to a 1.5 – hour tour of the Colosseum, including the arena floor. The Colosseum tour will have a maximum of 24 participants as other visitors will be joining the Colosseum tour.
Vatican and Colosseum tours | With a fast track entry, you will be spending a brief time to queue up for security and then head straight in to start your tour. You will be drawn into the world of the Renaissance period as well as learn about the Emperors and Gladiators in the Colosseum. Do not miss this tour!
Because the group size is limited, you will have more personal interaction with your private guide, saving valuable time and be able to move faster between exhibits as well! You will be provided with headsets which will allow you to hear your guide as you pass through famous galleries such as the Gallery of Maps, Raphael’s Rooms – where you will be fabulous paintings and Borgia’s Apartment.
The Vatican tour then continues to the Sistine Chapel and be blown away by ‘The Creation of the World’ and ‘ Last Judgement’ by Michelangelo. Through a secret passage, you will now move on to St Peter’s Basilica (sometimes this passage maybe not available). Here you will see the magnificent ‘Baldachino,’ and Michelangelo’sPieta’. You can stay inside the Basilica as you wish without the guide.
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill tour
The Vatican and Colosseum tours continues in the afternoon when you can listen to your knowledgeable guide and learn about the gladiators and slaves, animals, and Emperors. Your guide will reveal to you the blood-chilling experiences held in the Colosseum.
Your professional guide will deliver an engaging and interactive experience about Ancient Rome. History will be brought back to life and you might just be able to hear The roar of the spectators in the arena. At full capacity, it was believed that up to 80,000 spectators watched the drama unfold on the arena floors below where lives were at stake!
After that, you will also have a visit to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill to have a direct experience of the Ancient Romans daily life.
Rome’s Attractions Not To Be Missed!
- Vatican and Colosseum tours is not available for wheelchair-bound visitors as well as visitors with hearing disabilities. We are more than happy to organize private tours for wheelchair and hearing disabled visitors. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a lot of walking, so please wear comfortable shoes as the ground can be rather uneven at the Colosseum.
- You will be asked to pass through airport-style security checks at the entrance of the Colosseum, so please only carry a light backpack as many items are restricted (pointed umbrellas, large suitcases, and big backpacks, weapons, firearms, knives). You can only bring in an empty water bottle into the Colosseum. You will be able to fill your water bottle with the many fountains available inside.
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Sometimes Sistine Chaple and Saint Peter Basilica can be closed without notice.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.