Book and receive 10% discount on the combined tours!
The small group with a maximum of 20 participants allows visitors to interact with the expert guide who has deep knowledge of Roman history and art.
- Vatican Galleries
- Sistine Chapel
- St Peter’s Basilica
- Arena Floor
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
Special Combo Small Group Colosseum and Vatican Tour
6.5 hrs. | Start: Choose between 8.30 a.m. or 9.15 a.m. | Participants: Max 20| Headsets provided
Meeting Point : To be advised at the time of booking.
This is a special combination of Colosseum and Vatican Tour. If you are hard-pressed for time and wish to make the most of your visit to Rome, this tour is recommended for you. An added bonus is the Skip the Line tickets which means that considerable time is reduced in entering the Vatican Galleries. For an extra 22 Euros and a handling fee of 2 Euros, you can also opt for the Skip the Line entrance to the Colosseum and the restricted access area – The Arena Floor. As there is so much to explore, the small group will guarantee a quality tour and not missing any highlights!
This tour only operates on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. You will be meeting your English-speaking guide at the time you have selected during the booking process – 8.30 a.m. or 9.15 a.m. Your guide would have purchased the group voucher In advance. While you’re waiting in line for security clearance (please refer to the important reminder below of what you can and cannot bring), your guide will explain to you what you will view in the Sistine Chapel. The explanation is provided beforehand because no talking is allowed in the Sistine Chapel.
The first part of your tour starts at the Vatican Galleries. As you pass through the stunning galleries, your expert guide will share with you stories of the past related to the artworks found inside. They will also share interesting snippets about the Vatican and the Popes.
The briefing earlier will come in handy as your explore the magnificent Sistine Chapel. Wait till you lay your eyes on the frescos created by Michelangelo. The Last Judgement and The Creation of Adam are outstanding masterpieces.
St Peter’s Basilica
The Vatican part of the tour will conclude here and you will see the influence of Bramante, Michelangelo and Bernini here. Your guide will also point out the location of St Peter’s Tomb, below in the Papal Grottoes. Once again, you will have privileged access to skip the line and enter the Basilica via a special passage.
After a short refreshment break, you will meet the group at the designated meeting point nearby the Colosseum. This part of the tour will also cover Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum.
With an expert licensed guide, your tour now begins with stories of the famous gladiators of Ancient Rome! You will enter like the gladiators from the past through the very same entrance they would have once walked through! This entrance option is only available if you have purchased the fast track entrance and leads you to the arena floor. As this is a restricted area, standard ticket holders are not able to experience this part of the tour. You will learn about the Emperors, their battles, the slaves, the animals and other colour characters who made the Colosseum come alive centuries ago.
Here the Colosseum and Vatican tour group will see remains of important government buildings of the past. Political, commercial, economical activities took place here.
Regarded as one of the most ancient parts of the city, you will be able to have a breathtaking view of Rome city below.
For a power-packed adventure lasting 6 hours, join the tour today!
Important Reminder – Special Combo Small Group Colosseum and Vatican Tour
- This tour is not ideal for wheelchair-bound visitors as well as visitors with hearing disabilities. We are more than happy to organise private tours for wheelchair and hearing disabled visitors. Please contact us.
- There is a lot of walking, so please wear comfortable shoes as the ground can be rather uneven at the Colosseum.
- You will be asked to pass through airport-style security checks at the entrance of the Colosseum, so please only carry a light backpack as many items are restricted (pointed umbrellas, large suitcases and big backpacks, weapons, firearms, knives). You can only bring in an empty water bottle into the Colosseum. You will be able to fill your water bottle with the many fountains available inside.
- If the weather conditions deteriorate, the Colosseum officials may decide to close off the Dungeons and arena floor for visitor safety. In such an event, the group will enter via a different entrance and be taken to visit other areas of the Colosseum.
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- If St Peter’s Basilica is closed for a religious function at short notice as it is a working church, you will be spending more time in the Vatican gallery’s with your private guide.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.
- If a disabled visitor is able to produce a certificate showing that they are more than 74% disabled, entry to the Vatican museums is free of charge. This free entry is also extended to the to their companion. If you have a disability and are not sure if you’re eligible, please contact us at the time of booking so that we may assist you further.
- This tour is not available on Wednesdays and Fridays.