Papal Audiences – A unique experience of the Holy See including a guided tour of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel.
Enjoy an audience with the Pope!
- English-speaking guide
- Papal audiences reserved ticket
- Skip the line tickets for Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
Itinerary of the Papal Audience and Vatican Museum Tour
Papal Audiences and Vatican Museums Tour
9 hrs. | Start: 8 a.m. | Participants: 25 Max | English-speaking tour, and on request, it is possible to arrange in other languages.
Meeting Point: Next to the Vatican Museum entrance.
The group will meet the guide and head towards the heart of the Vatican City – St Peter’s Square.
Along the way, your guide entertains with exciting stories of the Vatican, including the rich architecture and history. You will also learn about the different Popes and their love for art, and their collection of religious artefacts. Once the group clears the security checkpoint at St Peter’s, you will now be part of the weekly audience with Pope Francis. Visitors from around the world book in advance to be part of this momentous occasion. St Peter’s is the preferred place for the audience as it allows for visitors to sit or stand and has a capacity for up to 80,000 visitors. It is a rare spiritual moment, and very few get a chance to experience this in their lifetime. The Papal audience ends around lunch-time, and you will enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
Then, starts the three-hour afternoon tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. You will see art collections, frescos, sculptures, fountains, marble columns, and many other treasures as you pass through the Vatican Galleries. Experience Raphael’s masterpiece, ‘The School of Athens’ celebrating the Renaissance style. ‘Laocoön and His Sons’ is an ancient sculpture that is almost life-size and shows the Trojan priest Laocoön and his sons attacked by sea serpents. Your guide will tell you who survived and who perished.
Your Papal audience tour includes skip the line access, and so you will gain direct entry to the Sistine Chapel. The group has the opportunity to visit the conclave hall, where the new Pope is elected.
Marvel at the frescoed ceilings painted by renowned artists such as Michelangelo.
The tour ends here.
Papal Audience and Vatican Museum – Tour For an experience of a lifetime and see the Pope live, come on, book it!
Important Reminder – Papal Audiences and Vatican Museums Tour
- This tour is only available on Wednesday as this is the day the Pope addresses the audience. We do have other guided tours of the Vatican City on different days, not including the Papal Audience.
- Ate the end of the tour, if the direct passage from the Sistine Chaple is available, you can have direct access to Saint Peter Basilica
- Admission is free for children under the age of 3.
- This tour, including the Papal Audience, is not ideal for visitors who used wheelchairs (including pushchairs and strollers) as well as visitors with hearing disabilities. We are more than happy to organize private tours for wheelchair and hearing disabled visitors. Please contact us.
- There is a lot of walking, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- You have to go through airport-style security at the Vatican entrance, so bring only a light backpack as many items are limited (spiky umbrellas, large suitcases and large backpacks, weapons, firearms, knives).
- For the Papal Audience and Vatican Museum tour, There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too: Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- If the Sistine Chapel is closed for a religious service on short notice as it is a functioning church, you will spend more time in the Vatican Galleries with your tour guide.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.