Vatican City Private Tours to visit the best of what Rome has to offer in 1 day. Rome Highlights, Colosseum and Vatican Museum one day private tour
Vatican City private tours | All you need is 1 day!
Experience Rome in 7 hours with top attractions covered!
Vatican Museum private tour | Inclusions:
- Colosseum (external visit)
- Trevi Fountain
- Navona Square
- Spanish Steps
- Vatican Museums
- Sistine Chapel
- St Peter’s Basilica
- St Peter’s Square
- and much more…
Exclusive Vatican City Private Tours and The Best Of Rome In One Day
7 hrs. | Start: As requested. |Rome Highlights| Vatican City Highlights
Meeting Point: At your hotel or other agreed spot
Vatican Museum private tour | If you have a brief time in Rome, with this 7-hour tour, you will see the best of what Rome has to offer including famous attractions in the Vatican City. Your private guide who has deep knowledge of art, history, and architecture. Your comfort is of importance and as such your booking includes bypassing the long waiting lines with your skip the line access to the Vatican. Your tour will cover the major attractions! Enjoy the charms of Ancient Rome mixed with modern architecture. You are in for a visual treat like none other.
Colosseum – Ancient Rome
Begin your private Day tour with a panoramic sightseeing tour of the city. You will have stops in the main places in the city centre, among others The Colosseum.
Spanish Steps, Navona Square, and Trevi Fountain
Rome and the Vatican tour | We continue the tour as you visit the Spanish Steps, irregularly shaped steps built in the 18th century. The Spanish Steps have inspired art, music, and have appeared in TV and movies. Navona Square is built on the former site of the Stadium of Domitian in 1st Century AD. Today, the square is famous for its open space, palaces, churches, fountains, and a meeting place for fellow Romans. A trip to Rome is incomplete without visiting the Trevi Fountain – one of the largest Baroque Fountains in the world which is still operational. Throw some coins in and make a wish to return to Rome someday.
Once a Roman temple, the Pantheon is one of the most well-preserved of Ancient Rome buildings. Completed in the reign of Emperor Hadrian, it is famous for its dome signifying the brilliance of Rome architecture. Your guide will share with you more fascinating tips about the Pantheon.
Tour Detour Option
Vatican City private tours | For this portion of the tour, we can provide you with a private driver for 3 hours and you can visit other attractions outside Rome city such as the Keyhole and Circus Maximus. This part of the tour is not guided
Vatican Museums – Amazing Galleries
Vatican Museum private tour | After lunch, you will now be visiting Vatican City! Your first stop is the Vatican Museums and you gain entry bypassing the long waiting lines as your tour price includes skip the line tickets. You will visit the amazing galleries contained within the Vatican Museums and be astounded by the sculptures and artwork dating back centuries.
Sistine Chapel – Ceiling of Michelangelo
Be mesmerized by the ceiling frescos by Michelangelo and other Italian artists of that time. Learn about the art and history of this wonderful chapel.
St. Peter’s Basilica – Look up at the dome
Vatican Museum private tour | See the works of Italian painters and find out all about the design and execution of the dome and where St Peter is believed to have been buried. Finally, walk out into the beautiful St Peter’s Square and behold the beauty of the exterior of St Peter’s Basilica.
To Experience Rome and the Vatican City in A Day, Book Now!
Important Reminder – Exclusive Rome and Vatican City Private Tour – The Best Of Rome In One Day
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair-bound visitors as well as visitors with hearing disabilities.
- There is a lot of walking, so please wear comfortable shoes as the ground can be rather uneven at the Colosseum.
- You will be asked to pass through airport-style security checks at the entrance of the Colosseum, so please only carry a light backpack as many items are restricted (pointed umbrellas, large suitcases, and big backpacks, weapons, firearms, knives). You can only bring an empty water bottle into the Colosseum. You will be able to fill your water bottle with the many fountains available inside.
- If the weather conditions deteriorate, the Colosseum officials may decide to close off the dungeons and arena floor for visitor safety. Other entrances will be made available to explore other areas of the Colosseum.
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- If St Peter’s Basilica is closed for a religious function at short notice as it is a working church, you will be spending more time in the Vatican gallery’s with your private guide.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.