Start early and have the day off to explore the rest of the Vatican!
The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel attracts close to six million visitors a year!
- Vatican Galleries
- Borgia Apartments
- Sistine Chapel
- Raphael’s Rooms
- St Peter’s Basilica
- St Peter’s Square
Semi-Private Sistine Chapel Early Entrance Vatican Tour
3 hrs. | Start: 7.30 a.m. | Participants : Max 14 | See Michelangelo’s Pieta |Headsets provided
Meeting Point : To be advised at time of booking.
With your professional English-speaking guide, the early entrance Vatican tour with a group size of up to 14 participants, begins as soon as the Vatican Museums opens its doors at 8.00 a.m. The small group size allows you to have a more personalised experience and connect with your guide easily. Not many visitors realise, but the Vatican Museum is massive with many galleries, and it can be rather daunting to go through each and every gallery. You will meet your guide at 7.30 a.m. who will show you the stunning images you will see inside the Sistine Chapel by master artisans. Headsets will be provided to each participant so that you can adjust the sets and be ready when the tour starts.
With this tour, you will not only have a memorable experience, but you will also realise just how sacred the artefacts are inside. You will learn about the vast artworks collected by the Popes and their fascination for painting and how they wanted certain artists to paint their apartments in a certain way. You will begin to appreciate the care and detailing which has gone into meticulously cataloguing, preserving, and displaying the treasures.
The Vatican Museums and its galleries are massive and beautiful. The highlights of this tour include:
- Borgia Apartment
- Raphael’s Rooms
- Gallery of the Tapestry
- Gallery of the Candelabra
At the Sistine Chapel, witness the magic weaved by Michelangelo. The Sistine Chapel was once called the Great Chapel and changed its name to Pope Sixtus IV after the Pope restored the Chapel. Even today, the Chapel still carries out its papacy duties and the Papal Conclave is held here to elect a new Pope. The Sistine Chapel is most famous for its frescoed ceilings by Michelangelo. Covering the whole altar wall is the magnificent, ‘The Last Judgment.’ It depicts the second coming of Christ and is a true masterpiece.
Next, through a passageway, you will enter St Peter’s Basilica. Here you will witness the magnificence of Bernini and Michelangelo. The Renaissance sculpture of ‘Pieta’ is electrifying.
When you step out into St Peter’s Square, your guide will describe to you what Bernini’s Colonnade is and what it represents to the church today.
Enjoy a VIP Experience!
Important Reminder – Semi-Private Sistine Chapel Early Entrance Vatican Tour
- This tour is not ideal for wheelchair-bound visitors as well as visitors with hearing disabilities. We are more than happy to organise private tours for wheelchair and hearing disabled visitors. Please contact us.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as there is a fair bit of walking.
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- If St Peter’s Basilica is closed for a religious function at short notice as it is a working church, you will be spending more time in the Vatican gallery’s with your private guide.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.
- If a disabled visitor is able to produce a certificate showing that they are more than 74% disabled, entry to the Vatican museums is free of charge. This free entry is also extended to the to their companion. If you have a disability and are not sure if you’re eligible, please contact us at the time of booking so that we may assist you further.