The Vatican City and Colosseum Tour | Special Access to Arena.
The Vatican Tours | With a maximum of 12 participants, this tour is as private and intimate as it gets.
- Sistine Chapel
- Vatican Galleries
- St Peter’s Basilica
- Octagonal Courtyard
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Galleries – Tapestries| Maps| Candelabra
- Colosseum and Arena
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
Semi-Private Tours – The Vatican City and Colosseum Tour Special Access to Arena
6 hrs. | Start: 9.30 a.m. (First part of the Tour) | Participants: Max 12|
3.00 p.m. (Second part of the Tour)
Meeting Point: This Will be communicated at the time of booking.
If you have a few hours to spare in Rome and want to see the big-ticket attractions such as the Colosseum, including the arena floor, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Vatican Galleries, Sistine Chapel, and St Peter’s Basilica, this Tour is for you.
With a maximum of 10 participants, this Tour is as private and intimate as it gets. Your fully licensed guide is an expert on Ancient Rome and the Vatican City which includes in-depth knowledge in art and history. Added to this Tour is a bonus Skip the line entrance tickets which reduces time in queueing up and allows for visitors to spend more time inside the attractions!
Depending on the tour time selected, the group will meet the guide at either 8.30 a.m. or 9.30 a.m. There is a security check before you enter the Vatican Museums. During this period, your guide will highlight all the essential artworks to look out for in the Sistine Chapel as visitors are not permitted to talk in the Chapel.
It is one of the oldest parts of the Vatican Museums. Several masterpieces are contained here including Apollo of Belvedere.
It is an ancient Roman fountain that has been moved several times before finding its permanent home in the Vatican Museums. The fountain, in the shape of a pine cone, is aesthetically perfect.
Gallery of Tapestries
The breathtaking ‘The Resurrection of Christ’ is displayed here. It is an artistic illusion at its best as you feel long after you have left the painting, Jesus is staring at you in the eye.
Gallery of Maps
You will find great topographical maps of Italy which were commissioned by Pope Gregory XIII.
Gallery of Candelabra
Be greeted by a vast marble candelabra in this gallery and coloured marble columns.
The Tour then moves to the Sistine Chapel, and earlier explained by your guide, and you will see the spellbinding frescoed ceilings by Michelangelo. It was the height of the Renaissance period.
St Peter’s Basilica
Through a VIP passageway only available to the Vatican tour, the group now enters St Peter’s Basilica. Here they will witness another famous artist – Gian Lorenzo Bernini. Bernini created a bronze canopy called a ‘Baldachin’ over the high altar. You will also view the frescoed ceiling painted by Michelangelo and see his many other famous works.
After a short break, the Tour will continue at the Colosseum. The guide will advise the location of the meeting point.
Your intimate group will be driven back to Ancient Rome and through a VIP gate, only reserved for gladiators, an entry will be made into the Colosseum. The guide will explain not only the history of the Colosseum but share colourful stories of the arena floor, which you will also have access to!
From there, you continue to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
For a fun-filled day touring Rome escorted by a professional tour guide, and learning about Rome and the Vatican, do not hesitate to book this Tour.
Important Reminder – Semi-Private Tours – The Vatican City and Colosseum Tour Special Access to Arena
- This Tour is not ideal for visitors who use wheelchairs as well as visitors with hearing disabilities. We are more than happy to organize private tours for wheelchair and hearing disabled visitors. Please contact us.
- There is a lot of walking, so please wear comfortable shoes as the ground can be somewhat uneven at the Colosseum.
- You will pass through airport-style security checks at the entrance of the Colosseum and the Vatican Museum, so please only carry a light backpack as many items are restricted (pointed umbrellas, large suitcases and big backpacks, weapons, firearms, knives).
- It is possible only to bring in an empty water bottle into the Colosseum, it is possible to fill your water bottle with the many fountains available inside.
- If the weather conditions deteriorate, the Colosseum officials may decide to close off the Dungeons and arena floor for visitor safety. In such an event, the group will enter via a different entrance and guided to visit other areas of the Colosseum.
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too: it is very important Shoulders and knees must be covered!
- If St Peter’s Basilica is closed for a religious function at short notice as it is a working church, you will be spending more time in the Vatican galleries with your guide.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.
- This Tour is not available on Sundays or religious holidays.