Private Sistine Chapel Tours and Colosseum Arena Floor | Exclusive Vip Tours
Private Sistine Chapel Tours and Colosseum Arena Floor | You will see the best that Rome and Vatican City has to offer.
Hear about the glory of the gladiators and the rule of the Popes in the one epic tour!
Private Sistine Chapel Tours and Colosseum Arena Floor | Inclusions:
- Sistine Chapel
- Vatican Museum
- St Peter’s Basilica
- Colosseum Arena Floor
Sistine Chapel Private Tours and the Colosseum Arena Floor
5 hrs. | Start: 10.00 a.m. | Skip The Line Ticket |
Meeting Point: will be communicated at the time of booking
Colosseum with Arena Floor
Private Sistine Chapel Tours and Colosseum Arena Floor | Your Sistine Chapel private tour and the Colosseum arena floor tour starts at the fast track entrance of the Colosseum. This is a special VIP entrance not accessible to the general public. This tour with a maximum of 20 in the group starts on the arena floor. You will enter this area through the Gladiators Gate. This gate has a chilling history. In Ancient Rome, it was used to carry out the dead bodies of gladiators who lost on the arena floor. Slaves were tasked with carrying the dead bodies out. You will view the mysterious dungeons which held slaves, animals, and gladiators who awaited their fates.
Your storyteller guides will transport you back to ancient Rome and share with you tales of mystery, intrigue, and blood sport. You will discover the history of the Roman games and how they created a bond between the citizens of Rome and the Emperors. Your morning tour ends here, and you are welcome to explore the Colosseum on your own. Your tour resumes in the early afternoon where you will be visiting the Vatican city to explore The Vatican museums, Sistine Chapel, and St Peters Basilica.
Your tour resumes in the early afternoon, which is a quiet time to visit the Vatican Museums. You will receive headsets from your private tour guide before you enter the Vatican Museums. This will allow you to appreciate the artwork you’re about to see while you hear your guide talk as you through the galleries. Highlights of this tour will include The Apollo of Belvedere, the Laocoon, the Octagonal Courtyard as well as beautiful Greek and Roman sculptures dotted along with the museum. You will also be visiting the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of Maps, and the Candelabra Gallery.
Before you start your tour of the Sistine Chapel, your guide will provide you with an explanation of what to expect to see. The reason for this is talking is not allowed in the Chapel. In the Sistine Chapel, you will be greeted by the spectacular frescoes by Michelangelo depicting scenes from the Christian faith as well as masterpieces that have been lovingly restored for visitors to admire. You will see theLast Judgement’ and be astounded by the detailed work.
St Peter’s Basilica
A door connects the Sistine Chapel with Saint Peter’s Basilica and since you are part of this private tour, you will be passing through these doors and avoiding the long lines to gain entry to St Peter’s Basilica. Where you encountered The Renaissance Period in the Sistine Chapel, here in St Peters Basilica, you will now see the beauty of Baroque Architecture. Your guide will describe to you the significance of the Baroque canopy over the altar and the historical significance of it. You will also witness the breathtaking ‘Pieta’, a marble statue of Jesus lay down on the lap of Mary after his crucifixion.
You cover the best that Rome and the Vatican offer in five hours. What are you waiting for?
Private Sistine Chapel Tours and Colosseum Arena Floor
Important Reminder – Sistine Chapel Private Tour and the Colosseum Arena Floor
- There is a lot of walking, so please wear comfortable shoes as the ground can be rather uneven at the Colosseum.
- You will be asked to pass through airport-style security checks at the entrance of the Colosseum, so please only carry a light backpack as many items are restricted (pointed umbrellas, large suitcases, and big backpacks, weapons, firearms, knives). You can only bring an empty water bottle into the Colosseum. You will be able to fill your water bottle with the many fountains available inside.
- If the weather conditions deteriorate, the Colosseum officials may decide to close off the Dungeons and arena floor for visitor safety. In such an event and visitors will be entering through a different entrance and we’ll be exploring other parts of the Colosseum.
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- If Saint Peter’s Basilica is closed for a religious function at short notice as it is a working church, you will be spending more time in the Vatican gallery’s with your private guide.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.
- This tour is not available for wheelchair-bound visitors as well as visitors with hearing disabilities. We are more than happy to organize private tours for wheelchair and hearing disabled visitors. Please contact us.