Express visit through the Vatican Galleries, and on to the Sistine Chapel!
Do you like short tours? Are you only interested in the Sistine Chapel, but still curious to see what treasures lie in the Vatican Museums in the shortest time possible?
- Vatican Galleries, quick stops
- Sistine Chapel
- St Peter’s Basilica
Express Sistine Chapel Tour and Vatican Highlights
2 hrs. | Start: 7.30 a.m.| Perfect for those interested in the Sistine Chapel
Meeting Point :Entrance of Vatican Museums – Bottom Steps under the Marble Arch
Many visitors are in Rome for a short stay, yet still want to explore the Vatican. This tour is designed for visitors to see the highlights of the Sistine Chapel in two hours.
The tour starts at 7.30 a.m. where you will meet your guide who will explain what you will see in the Sistine Chapel as once you enter the Chapel, it is a no-speaking zone. Your private guide will share some interesting stories of the Sistine Chapel.
The Vatican Museum door will open at 8.00 a.m. and you will enter through the doors and enter to a dizzying world of wonderful galleries featuring fabulous artworks and sculptures, frescos, maps, tapestries and, so much more. The tour will be quick as you make your way through some famous galleries before the Sistine Chapel tour. As this is an express tour, if you wish for your private guide to show you a particular area of interest, please do so, and if possible, please inform us when you book.
Now, because this is an express Sistine Chapel tour, you are very welcome to skip the Vatican Museums, and head straight through the Vatican Museums to the Sistine Chapel to save time if you wish to. The Sistine Chapel is named after Pope Sixtus IV. The Sistine Chapel holds sacred treasures, and nothing is striking as the frescoed ceiling by Michelangelo. Many believe that he has created perhaps the most complicated and complex piece of art in history. The ceiling took about four years to complete. But, with the ‘Last Judgment’, many believe that he has created perhaps the most complicated and complex piece of art in history. To depict so many figures and draw attention to each and the detailing – not for a novice.
Your tour ends here, but if you wish to continue to St Peter’s Basilica, you are welcome through a privileged entrance direct from the Sistine Chapel. Explore one of the most famous churches in the world and discover St. Peter’s Baldachin and what is rumoured to lie beneath – St Peter’s tomb. You are welcome to explore the Papal Grottos below which is dedicated to the memory of the popes and the church. Here, you can see the Tomb of St Peter.
This Express Sistine Chapel Tour Cannot Be Missed!
Important Reminder – Express Sistine Chapel Tour and Vatican Highlights
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair-bound visitors.
- Please wear comfortable footwear.
- If St Peter’s Basilica is closed for a religious function at short notice as it is a working church, you can spend more time in the Sistine Chapel.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.
- If a disabled visitor is able to produce a certificate showing that they are more than 74% disabled, entry to the Vatican museums is free of charge. This free entry is also extended to the to their companion. If you have a disability and are not sure if you’re eligible, please contact us at the time of booking so that we may assist you further.