Enjoy this small group tour with an English-speaking guide.
If you want to do a tour of the Vatican in a limited time frame and with a small group, then this tour is for you.
- Vatican Museums
- Raphael’s Rooms
- Sistine Chapel
- St Peter’s Basilica
- St Peter’s Square
Vatican Tour and Tickets – Best of the Vatican City Small Group Tour
3.5 hrs. | Start: 8.30 a.m. | Participants : Max 22 | Headsets provided
Meeting Point :To be advised at time of booking.
You will visit the key highlight of galleries in the Vatican Museums, followed by a visit to the Sistine Chapel. With your skip-the-line voucher, you will be moving straight to your destination without lengthy wait times, allows you to maximise your time as you go through the galleries and churches. Headsets will be provided so that you can hear your expert guide clearly as you move through the exhibits and artworks on display.
Your licensed guides are very experienced and have deep knowledge of the art, history, and architecture of the Vatican. You will hear about the scandals, the intrigue, and mysteries of the treasures, the Popes, and the famous artists of the Renaissance and Baroque period. You will learn about the valuable artworks which lie within and be in for a surprise to learn that the Vatican Museums collection is one of the largest in the world. As you move through the galleries, you will see sculptures, marble, mosaics, artefacts of the rarest kind and much more. You will visit Raphael’s Rooms and be drawn into the majestic paintings found in those rooms to the lovey Gallery of the Candelabra, Gallery of Tapestries, and more. With extensive galleries, visiting the Vatican Museums is much easier with a private guide as you are taken to the main highlights in the tour.
Sistine Chapel | St Peter’s Basilica
You will enter the Sistine Chapel and learn the history and significance of this chapel. Be awed by the ceiling frescoes and learn about Michelangelo and how he went about painting his masterpiece – Last Judgement.
A special passage now leads you to St Peter’s Basilica. Here, you do not have to queue up as this tour is a skip the line tour. St Peter’s Basilica was designed by renowned architects and artists such as Bernini, Michelangelo, and Bramante. It is one of the holiest Catholic churches in the world if not the holiest! It is believed St Peter’s tomb is below the Basilica and you can take a tour to see his final resting place. Once you have feasted your eyes with more incredible art pieces by Michelangelo, you will step out into St Peter’s Square and see a structure which was commissioned by Pope Alexander VII – The Colonnade by Bernini.
Vatican Tour and Ticket all included!
Important Reminder – Vatican Tour and Tickets – Best of the Vatican City Small Group Tour
- This tour is not ideal for wheelchair-bound visitors as well as visitors with hearing disabilities. We are more than happy to organise private tours for wheelchair and hearing disabled visitors. Please contact us.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as there is a fair bit of walking.
- There is a dress code to the Vatican which applies to children too. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- If St Peter’s Basilica is closed for a religious function at short notice as it is a working church, you will be spending more time in the Vatican gallery’s with your private guide.
- The Vatican Museums get rather busy during summer and after a bank holiday.
- If a disabled visitor is able to produce a certificate showing that they are more than 74% disabled, entry to the Vatican museums is free of charge. This free entry is also extended to the to their companion. If you have a disability and are not sure if you’re eligible, please contact us at the time of booking so that we may assist you further.